Welcome to FarmHill!
FarmHill Equestrian Center, LLC is a full-service dressage and jumping facility located in Ridgefield, Washington. Home to 34 pampered horses and their happy owners, FarmHill provides the perfect combination of serene environment, extensive facilities, comprehensive amenities, and meticulous care. We are also proud to offer you the remarkable resource of a congenial collaboration between our training programs for dressage and jumping.
Boarding Facilities at FarmHill Equestrian Center, LLC
Our facilities at FarmHill include 34 box stalls ranging in size from 120 to 200 sq. ft. The configuration of our main barn offers a maximum of the “look around” opportunities that horses love - all stalls have large windows facing out to our pastures and arenas, as well as windowed stall doors facing our indoor arena.
Paddocks and Turnout
We know that the happiness of your horse depends on many things – including adequate turnout. That’s why we take great care in managing our turnout schedule:
• Daily turnout in a rotating assortment of large grass or sand paddocks. Separate turnout in secure sand paddocks for stallions.
• Eight hours of turout a day in the dry months (May through November) and four hours a day in the wet months (December through April).
• Sand paddocks are used exclusively in the wet months to minimize winter afflictions like mud fever.
• Compatible horses are turned out in pairs whenever possible to meet your horse's need for social interaction. A horse will be turned out solo only is we don't find a safe partner.
• During the very hot weather of July and August, horses are turned out at night and brought in to enjoy their cool and breezy stalls during the day.
• Changes of horse attire for all seasons (blankets, sheets, boots and fly masks) are included in your board.
Hay, Grain, and Supplements
At FarmHill, we feed your horse three times a day from a hay selection that includes (at your discretionary blend) timothy grass hay, eastern orchard hay, alfalfa hay, and local grass hay. In addition, your board includes a selection of grain products that includes (again at your discretionary blend) rolled oats, rice bran pellets, and Safe Choice, all fed to your horse once or twice a day, at your direction. To these grain products, you are invited to add whatever vitamins and supplement you wish to feed your horse.
Our stalls at FarmHill are bedded with the highest quality bedding pellets we can buy, a bedding material that guarantees the maximum sanitation for your horse’s indoor accommodations. The use of bedding pellets also permits us to fulfill our goal of environmental responsibility, by allowing us to fully compost all our bedding waste onsite, creating an organic compost that we later use in the annual reseeding of our grass turnouts.
Other Boarding Amenities
Your FarmHill board includes a variety of additional amenities, all of which are designed to enhance your boarding experience. These include:
• 1 tack locker, approximately 3’w x 3’d x 6’h, for each horse you board
• 6 full grooming racks, that include
• 2 hot water wash racks
• a full-size refrigerator/freezer for storing your medicines, ice boots, etc.
• an enclosed storage area for your vitamins and supplements
• a full bathroom with shower stall, coffee/tea station, and toiletries for women
• a newly installed bathroom facility for men
• free parking for your horse trailer
• affordable on-site laundry service for your saddle pads, wraps, and rags
• affordable on-site horse blanket service, with weekly pick-up and delivery
Riding Facilities at FarmHill Equestrian Center, LLC
At FarmHill, you have a choice of four arenas in which to work your horse:
• a 60’ x 120’ indoor arena with lights, mirrors, and shredded cedar bark ("hog-fuel") footing,
• a 100’ x 300’ outdoor full-court dressage arena with a full drainage system and chipped cedar footing,
• a 20 x 60 meter outdoor jump arena with a full drainage system and a mixture of granulated rubber and crushed gravel footing
• two 60’ diameter round pens with a mixture of granulated rubber and sand footing, one of which is lighted and covered
We also offer our riders the option of meandering along the paths through our additional 7 acres of wooded property - an enclosure that contains log obstacles, a small stream, and other elements that are ideal for developing a cross-country course. In addition, our riders are invited to ride on the lanes that crisscross the 16 acres of farmland that adjoin the FarmHill property.